We are currently recruiting for Support Workers/Carers to support a lady who has a high level spinal cord injury and resulting respiratory issues. She is living in her own home in the Queniborough area.
About the role:
- You will support this lady in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care, bowel and bladder care, respiratory care and medication administration.
- Support the lady in seeing her animals (horses, dogs and pigs) on a daily basis (including Winter) which is a focus within her family life.
- Provide support in social activities and interests, as well as holidays and trips away from home.
- Assist with domestic duties including daily food preparation
- You will be required to work predominantly waking night shifts, which are 12 hour shifts. However you will also be required to work occasional 12 hour day shifts when the team requires additional cover, and throughout your initial training period
- Part time team members must be able to work 24 hours (two shifts) per week
- Working within a team who will provide 24 hour care. Flexibility will be required, and this will include some weekend and bank holiday working on a rota basis.
- We are seeking individuals with excellent communication skills, along with a respectful, honest and trustworthy nature. You will be flexible in cover and support within the team; as well as reliable, motivated and committed in your duties.
- You must have an interest in animals, ideally horses and dogs, and enjoy outdoor life as you will assist with animal care in all seasons and all weather.
- Previous care experience is not essential as full, specialist training will be provided
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension Scheme, Personal Development Opportunities
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 31 October 2019
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GQUEY for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: