We are recruiting for a further Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team. You will be supporting a gentleman who has a Spinal Cord Injury and lives in his own home in Penzance.
- Provide all aspects of personal care and spinal cord injury care
- Support this gentleman in attending appointments and therapies
- Assist with domestic tasks and food preparation
- The right candidates will be patient, caring, understanding, tactile, flexible and reliable; with a good sense of humour.
- You must be tolerant of dogs, and comfortable to be around them.
- We will provide you with full, specialist training and therefore previous care experience is not essential for this role.
- Please note that this is a strictly non-smoking environment
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Working 12 hour waking night shifts of 2000-0800
- Induction training takes place during the day and you must be able to attend this.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. You may also be required to cover the occasional day shifts in times of emergency cover.
- Part-time hours are 24 hours per week.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 8 June 2020