We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a gentleman with a Spinal Cord Injury who is living in his family home in the Walsall area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with bowel management and catheter care.
- Providing support and assistance with social outings, therapy appointments and business functions.
- Occasionally accompanying this gentleman for trips away from home.
- You will be required to assist with food preparation and general domestic tasks.
- You will also be required to provide pet care (feeding) on occasion to two cats.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, outgoing, proactive and enthusiastic.
- A full, manual driving licence is required and you must be confident to drive this gentleman’s own vehicle
- Previous care experience in spinal cord injury would be advantageous but not essential, as you will be provided with specialist training in all areas.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension Scheme, and Personal Development Opportunities
The gentleman works away from home twice a month, when he is home Hours are an average of 24 per week. Weeks alternate for example: Week 1 (Home), Week 2 (Away), Weeks 3 (Home) and Week 4 (Away). In a typical Home week you will be required to work 4 x 12 hour day or night shifts. (Some 9 hour day shifts may be available). Due to Covid-19, flexibility to cover sickness or positive test results with short notice is required. This includes being able to travel away with the gentlemen.
- Shifts consist of day shifts 0900-2100 (12 hours) and 0900-1800 (9 hours)
- Occasional Waking night shifts 2100-0900 (12 hours).
- During your initial training period while you are becoming competent in this gentleman’s care you will be required to cover day shifts and shadow night shifts.
- If required to travel away from home a 24 hour shift consist of a day shift and a sleep over period (number of hours/days can vary)
- In times of annual leave and sickness the team must be willing to cover other shifts therefore flexibility is essential
- You will be joining a team who are providing 24/7 support on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29 January 2021