We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a gentleman with a Spinal Cord Injury who is living in his family home in the Walsall area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with bowel management and catheter care.
- Providing support and assistance with social outings, therapy appointments and business functions.
- Accompanying this gentleman for trips away from home.
- You will be required to assist with food preparation and general domestic tasks.
- You will also be required to provide pet care (feeding) on occasion to two cats.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, outgoing, proactive and enthusiastic.
- A full, manual driving licence is required and you must be confident to drive this gentleman’s own vehicle
- Previous care experience in spinal cord injury would be advantageous but not essential, as you will be provided with specialist training in all areas.
- Shifts consist of day shifts 0900-2100 (12 hours) and 0900-1800 (9 hours) Waking night shifts 2100-0900 (12 hours). Ability to work long hours with flexibility is a must as shift patterns can vary on occasions.
- During your initial training period while you are becoming competent in this gentleman’s care you will be required to cover day shifts and shadow night shifts.
- If required to travel away from home a 24 hour shift consist of a day shift and a sleep over period (number of hours/days can vary)
- In times of annual leave and sickness the team must be willing to cover other shifts therefore flexibility is essential
- You will be joining a team who are providing 24/7 support on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Cycle To Work Scheme, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 27 January 2020
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email email@example.com quoting reference RWALC for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: