We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to join a specialist care team near Hinckley; for a young adult living with his Mother in the family home.
- You will be supporting a young adult with complex physical disabilities.
- The role will involve assisting with a wide range of healthcare tasks including all personal care, medication administration, continence support, and maintaining his safety and supporting with his daily living needs.
- Supporting this young adult in attending social outings and therapies.
- The right candidates will be calm and confident, with a happy disposition and a good sense of humour. This should be combined with the ability to work well as a team player, but also the ability to work alone and use initiative to encourage the client’s full involvement in as many activities as possible.
- Willingness to accompany the client on holidays and social activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to follow instructions and work in accordance with the set care plan and therapy sessions.
- Previous care experience would be desirable but not essential as you will receive ongoing specialist training in all areas. .
- A manual driving licence is preferred but not essential.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension and Personal Development Opportunities
- Day Shifts 08:00 – 20:00
- Waking Nights 20:00 – 08:00
- Flexibility needed to work a combination of both day and waking night shifts
- Part Time Hours are 24 hours per week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential and you must be able to work a combination of days and waking nights.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 3 February 2021