We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a gentleman with a Spinal Cord Injury who is living in his family home in the Walsall area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with bowel management and catheter care.
- Providing support and assistance with social outings, therapy appointments and business functions.
- Accompanying this gentleman for weekends away on occasion.
- You will be required to assist with food preparation and general domestic tasks.
- You will also be required to provide pet care (feeding) on occasion to two cats.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, outgoing, proactive and enthusiastic.
- A full, manual driving licence is required and you must be confident to drive this gentleman’s own vehicle
- Previous care experience in spinal cord injury would be advantageous but not essential, as you will be provided with specialist training in all areas.
- Predominantly waking night shifts 2100-0900 (12 hours).
- During your initial training period while you are becoming competent in this gentleman’s care you will be required to cover day shifts.
- In times of annual leave and sickness the team must be willing to cover other shift patterns – day shifts 0900-2100 (12 hours) and 0900-1800 (9 hours); Therefore flexibility is essential
- You will be joining a team who are providing 24/7 support on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Cycle To Work Scheme, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension
Closing Date for applications: Monday 23 September 2019
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email email@example.com quoting reference RWALC for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: