We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join an existing specialist care team to assist a gentleman with a spinal cord injury resulting in tetraplegia. This gentleman lives in his own home in Leicester.
- You will provide all aspects of personal care; this will include bowel and bladder care.
- You will support this gentleman in his daily life and assist in social activities, outings and appointments.
- Meal preparation and general household duties.
- Assisting with Pet Care (Dog); feeding and walking.
- You will be caring, trustworthy, reliable and flexible.
- A team player is essential as is a good sense of humour.
- Cooking skills and computer skills will be advantageous.
- You will be an animal lover as pet care is required.
- You will be working in the gentleman’s own home and would need to be mindful and respectful of privacy
28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shifts 0800-2000
- Waking Night Shifts 2000-0800
- You will be flexible to cover both day and waking night shifts.
- Part-time hours are for 24 per week.
- You will be working within a team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Condition.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 28 June 2021