We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Support Worker/ Carer to join an established specialist care team. You will be supporting a motivated and sociable gentleman who has a high level spinal cord injury and an acquired brain injury. He lives with his wife in the Ingleby Barwick area.
- Assist with all aspects of personal care, including bowel regime, PEG feed and respiratory care (tracheostomy and cough assist).
- Assist with therapies such as passive stretches, physio and hand massage.
- Accompany the gentleman to appointments and social activities.
- Provide domestic tasks within the gentleman’s living area.
- The right candidates will be enthusiastic, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- You will be a good team player and be respectful of the family home.
- A driving licence would be preferred and you should be willing to drive the gentleman’s own automatic, wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- Previous experience of working in care is essential and experience with Spinal Injury would be desirable but not essential.
28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health
Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training,
Personal Development Opportunities
- Day Shifts – 08.00–20.00 & 08.00-22.00
- Sleepover – 22.00-08.00
- Waking Night Shifts – 20.00-08.00
- Part Time is for 24hrs per week.
- You will be working within a team providing support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays. Shifts are allocated on a rota basis and you must be flexible to work all shifts.
About Us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 18 June 2021