We have an opportunity for a Part-time Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team. You will be supporting an active gentleman with a spinal cord injury, living in his family home in the Fareham area.
- Assist with all aspects of daily living, spinal injury care and personal care.
- Accompany this gentleman on family holidays abroad and trips in the UK.
- Accompany him on social activities, to work, college and attending therapy sessions.
- Carry out domestic tasks and food preparation.
- Assist with pet care.
- The right candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
- You will be comfortable with providing personal care; including bowel and bladder care.
- A full, clean, driving license is essential. You will be a confident driver, with a minimum of two year’s driving experience and be willing to drive this gentleman’s own vehicle.
- You must be willing to travel and stay away with the client occasionally to support holidays and work commitments. This includes travel abroad, so a valid passport is essential
- You will be comfortable around dogs and happy to support this gentleman to care for his dog.
- Previous experience of working in care would be advantageous but is not essential as full, specialist training is provided.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training at your full hourly rate, Cycle to Work Scheme
- 16 hour day shift with sleepover (24 hour shift).
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.
- You will work approximately 4 shifts per month.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29 January 2021