We have an opportunity for Support Workers/Carers to join a specialist care team working with a young gentleman who has Spinal Cord Injury and who lives with his parents in Fleckney.
- Medication administration, personal care, including bowel and bladder care.
- Supporting this young man in all aspects of everyday life including accompanying him to work (once restrictions have been lifted) and assisting in getting refreshments and note taking.
- Preparation and cooking of basic foods, as well as domestics tasks.
- You will assist the young man in his therapies and attending social activities, including driving duties as directed by him.
- You will be sociable, patient and able to take direction.
- You will also be reliable and trustworthy and with very good communication skills.
- A basic knowledge of cooking and preparing simple foods.
- A mutual interest in sport would be beneficial.
- You must hold a driving licence and be confident to drive the gentleman’s automatic vehicle.
- If you have a passion to move in to care work, but are without experience; then please get in touch. We will provide you with full, specialist training and therefore previous care experience is not essential for this role.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- 17 Hour Day Shifts – 7.00am to Midnight. Working approximately one shift per week.
- Shifts are allocated on a rota basis including some weekend and bank holiday working. You will be working within a self-sufficient team, and flexibility is essential
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 12 May 2021