We have an exciting opportunity for a Support worker/Personal assistant to assist and support an intelligent, outgoing and independent lady who directs her own care, and is a Quadriplegic living in her own home in the Ferndown area.
Our client lives life to the full, partaking in a number of hobbies, socialising and travelling, when safe from Covid restrictions. She would like a like-minded individual, on the same wavelength to be her companion as well as her care provider.
- This role will include providing personal care. Previous experience would be helpful but not essential as full training will be given including in depth training in Spinal Cord Injury.
- You must be willing to accompany the client on Social outings, Therapies and on holidays.
- Duties will also include food preparation and domestic tasks.
- Please note that this is a non- smoking environment.
- The right candidate must be organised, patient, motivated, reliable and committed.
- You will be working within a small team and will be required to be flexible in providing cover for annual leave and sickness.
- A sense of humour and a fun outlook on life is a must.
- You must have a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive the client`s large automatic car.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training
Shift Pattern: (4-6 a month)
- 24 hr shift worked as 8.00am – Midnight day shift, Midnight to 8.00am sleepover shift.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 24 June 2021