We have an opportunity for a Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team in the Narborough area. You will be supporting a young gentleman, living in his family home, who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and complex care needs.
- Handling respiratory equipment and assisting with respiratory needs including tracheostomy and ventilator care
- Provide full personal care, medication management and moving and handling
- Support in playing games and creative activities, attending therapies, and attending social activities such as day centres
- Light domestic tasks
- The right candidates will be bubbly, friendly, honest and trustworthy; with a motivational approach and willingness to join in with activities.
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- If you have a passion to move in to care work but are without experience; then please get in touch. We will provide you with full, specialist training and therefore previous care experience is advantageous but not essential for this role.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Payment to attend all Training from the outset, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities
- Working 30 hours per week which will be a combination of both waking night shifts 2200 -0700 and day shifts 0800-1800
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 14 April 2020