We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a new specialist care team.
You will be supporting a gentleman with a High- Level Spinal Cord Injury.
This gentleman lives in his own home in the Birmingham area with his wife and his dog.
- Providing assistance with personal care and all aspects of daily living.
- Support with all therapies including Hydrotherapy.
- Support in attending college.
- Assist with social outings and accompany on holidays on occasion.
- Assist with domestic tasks and food preparation.
- You must be flexible, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- Care experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
- You will have a good sense of humour and be easy to get on with.
- A driving licence is essential – this gentleman has an automatic vehicle (van size) and you must be willing to drive this. Motorway driving will be required.
- Please be aware that there is a dog in the home and on occasion other dogs may visit.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shift 08.00–20.00 (times will vary slightly on hydrotherapy days)
- Waking Night Shift – 20.00–08.00 (times will vary slightly on hydrotherapy days)
- Part-time hours are for 12 hours per week, a mixture of shifts.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 22 April 2021