We have an exciting opportunity for a further Support Worker to join a specialist care team.
You will be supporting a gentleman with a High- Level Spinal Cord Injury.
This gentleman is living in his own home in the Stotfold, Bedfordshire area with his wife and teenage son
- Providing assistance with rehabilitation as well as personal care and all aspects of daily living.
- Support with all therapies.
- Assist with social outings and accompany on holidays on occasion.
- Assist with domestic tasks and food preparation as requested
- You must be honest, reliable, trustworthy, kind and personable and be able to integrate into the family.
- Previous Care experience is preferred but not essential..
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
- You will have a good sense of humour and be easy to get on with.
- A Full driving licence is essential.
- Please Note – This is a completely non-smoking environment
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shift: 0800-2000 12 hours
- Waking night: 2000-0800 12 hours
- 0800-1700 (a degree of flexibility in hours will be required in order to work around the gentleman’s appointments eg 10.00-18.00)
- Additional respite hours are available
- Part-time hours would be for 30 hours per week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 18 May 2021