We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Workers to join a new specialist care team to assist a professional gentleman who has a Spinal Injury, who is living with his wife in the family home in the Easingwold area.
- You will provide all personal care, including bowel and bladder care.
- You will support this gentleman in his daily life and assist in social activities/outings.
- Accompany on holidays and visits to extended family.
- Assist with hobbies and interests in music, motorcycles, trains, watercolours and art exhibitions.
- Meal preparation and general household duties.
- The right candidate will be trustworthy, respectful, honest and flexible
- The client has a wide range of hobbies and a very sociable family and welcomes staff to share some of these interests as well as being able to perform care tasks
- Care experience is advantageous but not essential as full training is provided.
- You must hold a full driving licence
- You will be working in the gentleman’s own home and would need to be able to be mindful and respectful of privacy and be able to take instructions from the client, as he is able to direct his own care.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Waking Night Shifts 2000-0800
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 9 March 2021