We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a new specialist care team.
You will be supporting a gentleman with Motor Neurone Disease; resulting in the need for 24 hour care. This gentleman lives in his family home with his wife and four grown up children.
- You will support this gentleman with all aspects of his care including personal care, respiratory care (ventilator dependent via a tracheostomy) and PEG feed.
- Assisting this gentleman to participate in his therapy programme (physiotherapy regime).
- Accompany this gentleman on social outings.
- Assisting with light domestic tasks.
- You must be flexible, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- You will have a caring nature, excellent communication skills, and the ability to respect boundaries within the family home.
- Care experience would be preferable but not always essential – but you must be willing and keen to learn.
- A driving licence is preferred but not essential for this position.
- You must be comfortable around dogs. There are two dogs (pugs) in the home and their care is provided by the family.
- Please note that this is a completely non-smoking environment
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shifts: 08.00 – 20.00 (12 hours)
- Waking Night Shifts: 20.00 – 08.00 (12 hours) – please note: staff applying for night shifts will be required to do a period of approximately two months of shadow shifts in the day
- (Full-time = 3 x 12hr shifts in a row per week)
There will be two persons on duty at all times.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 2 February 2021