We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a new specialist care team.
You will be supporting an older gentleman with a High- Level Spinal Cord Injury.
This gentleman will be living in his own home in the York area with his wife and family and ginger cat.
- Providing assistance with Tracheostomy and Ventilation care as well as personal care and all aspects of daily living.
- Support with all therapies.
- Assist with social outings and accompany on holidays on occasion.
- Assist with domestic tasks and food preparation.
- You must be honest, reliable, trustworthy, kind and personable and be able to integrate into the family who are very close.
- Previous Care experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
- You will have a good sense of humour and be easy to get on with.
- A Full driving licence is essential.
- You will be respectful of this gentleman’s and his family’s lifestyle and religious beliefs.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shift 08.00–20.00
- Waking Night Shift – 20.00–08.00
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 5 February 2021