We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to join a new specialist care team. You will be assisting a female who has a high level spinal cord injury. She has been injured for 25 years, necessitating a high level of care. This lady lives in her own home with her partner in the Orpington area.
- Provide all aspects of personal care including catheter care, bowel management, pain management and moving and handling.
- Assist with therapies such as passive exercises.
- Light domestic duties, ensuring the home is kept clean and tidy.
- Some assistance required with administrative work.
- Provide assistance with food preparation.
- The right candidates must be reliable, confident, caring and respectful.
- You will have a good sense of humour and be a good listener.
- You will be able to use your own initiative but also able to take direction.
- Cleanliness and good personal hygiene is essential.
- Previous care experience is essential.
- A full, manual driving license would be preferred but not essential.
Please be aware that this is a non-smoking environment.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training
- 12 hour Day Shift (0900-2100) (There will be two persons on duty at all times)
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Part-time hours will be for a minimum of 28 hours per week.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 4 February 2021