We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a specialist care team. You will be supporting a gentleman with a Spinal Cord Injury, living in his family home in Maulden, Bedfordshire.
- You will support this gentleman in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care (bowel & bladder) and moving & handling.
- Assist this gentleman with passive stretches, standing frame, FES hand stimulation and FES leg and arm stimulation.
- Preparing and serving breakfast.
- To provide light domestic duties.
- Support in attending social activities and accompany on family holidays.
- The right candidates will be trustworthy, flexible and reliable with excellent timekeeping and the ability to fit into general family life.
- You must have a good command of the English language with good communication skills.
- A full clean (minimum of five years) manual driving licence is essential. You must also not have had any claims during the last five years – this is due to this gentleman’s Insurance policy.
- You must be tolerant of dogs and other animals. There are dogs in the home with visiting dogs also – no pet care is required.
- Previous care experience is not essential, as full specialist training is provided throughout your employment.
- Please Note: The home and gardens are a strictly non-smoking environment and no smoking will be permitted at all whilst on duty.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension, Personal Development Opportunities
- 08.00 – 22.00 waking day shift
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 10 May 2021