We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join an existing team working with a male in his early 30’s who has a spinal cord injury. This gentleman lives with his partner in his own home in the Leicester area.
About the role:
- All aspects of personal care, including catheter and colostomy care.
- Support and assistance in social activities, therapies, and accompanying this gentleman on holiday.
- Assist with domestic tasks and food preparation.
- Assisting with pet care (this gentleman has three small dogs – therefore a tolerance of dogs is essential).
- You will be able to understand and undertake instructions; therefore an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal is essential.
- You will be able to demonstrate high standards of hygiene.
- You will take pride in cleanliness.
- You will be reliable, flexible, trustworthy and respectful.
- Experience would be beneficial but not always essential as full training will be provided.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension and Personal Development Opportunities
- 1000–2000 – Day shift
- 1000-1400 – Day shift
- Part-time hours are 24 hours per week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 16 March 2021