We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a lady with a Spinal Cord Injury who is living in her own home in the Bodmin area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with ventilator and tracheostomy care.
- You will be required to assist with food preparation and domestic tasks
- You will also be required to provide pet care to the lady’s dogs and cat
- The lady plans to take occasional trips away for 2-5 days, and the role would involve accompanying her on these trips as part of a team on a rota basis.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, outgoing and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour.
- A full, manual driving licence is required and you must be confident to drive the lady’s own vehicle
- Good timekeeping is essential
- Previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as you will be provided with specialist training in all areas
- Waking nights – 20:00-08:00
- There are two people on shift at all times.
- In times of annual leave and sickness the team must be willing to cover other shift patterns, and therefore flexibility is essential
- You will be joining a team who are providing 24/7 support on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Personal Development Opportunities
About Us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 3 April 2020