We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to join a specialist care team in Thurmaston. You will be supporting a gentleman, living in his family home, who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy resulting in complex care needs.
- Assistance with personal care, medication management, moving and handling (including hoisting)
- Handling respiratory equipment and assisting with respiratory needs
- Support in attending hospital appointments, therapies and social activities
- Provide domestic tasks and food preparation
- The right candidates will be open and friendly; combining an enthusiastic and bubbly outlook along with excellent communication skills and the ability to follow direct instructions.
- You will have good teamwork and interpersonal skills; as well as the ability to take a step back during quieter periods.
- A driving license is essential, and you must be willing to drive the gentleman’s own automatic vehicle.
- Previous care experience preferred but not essential.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a HealthCash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Payment to attend all Training from the outset, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities
- Working a combination of:
- 0900 – 2100 day shifts,
- 2100 – 0900 waking night shifts
- 2100 – 0900 (including sleepover from Midnight to 7.00).
- Flexibility in working a variety of shift patterns will be required, you must be able to work both days and nights.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 3 April 2020