We have an opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to join a new specialist care team. You will be assisting a gentleman with a Spinal Cord Injury following a road traffic accident, which has resulted in the need for assistance. This gentleman lives in his family home in the Romford area.
- Provide all aspects of personal care including catheter care and bowel management.
- Assist with all activities including social outings and therapies; including morning exercises and exercises throughout the day.
- Morning and night unprompted skin checks with photographs taken for record keeping.
- Light domestic duties (including laundry).
- Assist with pet care (this gentleman has three small dogs).
- The right candidates must be reliable and confident. You will have a person centred approach.
- You will be able to take responsibility and initiate tasks.
- Previous care experience in personal care, toileting and feeding and moving & handling would be desirable.
- A full, manual driving license would be preferred but not essential.
- You must be comfortable around dogs as there are three dogs in the home.
- 12 hour Day Shift (0800-2000)
- 12 hour Waking Night Shift (2000-0800)
- Occasional double up shifts – 6 hours flexible weekly
- You will be working within a team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Part-time hours will be for a minimum of 24 hours per week.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training
About Us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 4 June 2020