We are currently recruiting for Support Workers/Carers to join a specialist care team to support our client who is a young man in his late twenties. He has an acquired brain injury following a road traffic accident. He is wheelchair dependent, and is unable to verbally communicate. He requires full support in all areas of his active daily living. This young man has been diagnosed with epilepsy post-accident and this is managed with medication. Due to his condition he can present with some challenging behaviours. He lives in his own home in central Leicester.
About the role:
- Full support with all personal care needs and medication administration.
- Managing challenging behaviours.
- Support in social activities such as fishing, cinema, shopping, visiting safari parks/zoos.
- Attending regular therapies such as physiotherapy, hydrotherapy and trampolining
- Ensuring the home is kept clean and tidy. Washing and ironing.
- Pet care; this young man requires staff to assist with his pet cat. This includes caring for its needs, feeding, vet appointments, flea and worm treatments.
- A full manual driving licence is essential.
- You must be calm individual and able to deal with different behaviours.
- You will have a bubbly personality as our client loves to hear jokes and for you to make him laugh and keep him upbeat.
- Clearly spoken English is essential as is the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- You will be able to use your own initiative and be motivated to support with this young man’s rehabilitation.
- You will ideally be an animal lover to share mutual interests.
- Experience is not necessary as full, specialist training will be provided.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension, Personal Development Opportunities
- Working a combination of 12 hour day shifts, 12 hour waking night shifts and 24 hour shifts which include a sleepover.
- Part-time hours are for 12-24 hours per week.
- Flexibility will be required. This will include some weekend and bank holiday working on a rota basis. You will also be required to provide cover during times of annual leave and sickness within the team.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 10 March 2021