We have an exciting opportunity for one further Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist, dynamic care team, in a village location to the North of Brixworth on the Northants/Leicestershire border. The gentleman is living in his own family home.
- You will be supporting a gentleman with a traumatic brain injury requiring 24-hour support. The role will involve assisting with rehabilitation, following a programme set by professionals, along with personal care, medication administration, continence support, and maintaining his safety.
- Support in attending social outings and therapies
- Food preparation and domestic tasks
- The right candidates will be calm and confident, with a happy disposition and a good sense of humour. This should be combined with the ability to work well as a team player, but also the ability to work alone and use initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to follow instructions and work in accordance with the set therapy care plan
- Previous care experience would be desirable. However; you will receive ongoing specialist training in all areas and this is not essential.
- A driving licence would be preferable due to the rural location of the gentleman’s family home
- Please be aware that there are pet cats in the home. You will not be required to provide assistance or care to them but you should be aware in case of allergies or concerns.
- 13 hour day shifts 0800-2100 and 13 hour waking night shifts 2000-0900
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential and you must be able to work a combination of both day and waking night shifts.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29 May 2020