We have an opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to join a specialist care team in Hull. You will be supporting a charming lady, living in her own home, who has a Spinal Cord Injury.
- Assist with all aspects of personal care and spinal cord injury care
- Support in attending appointments and therapies
- Support in social activities such as days out and going to the cinema
- Assist with domestic tasks and food preparation
- Assist this lady in looking after her dogs, rabbit and Aquarium tank
- The right candidates will be outgoing, flexible and reliable; with a good sense of humour and a respectful attitude; combined with being able to take direction whilst still recognising when to use your own initiative, or when to take a step back.
- You must hold a full manual driving licence, and be willing to drive the lady’s own vehicle.
- A mutual interest in music, cinema and TV would be advantageous. You will also ideally be an animal lover, and happy to assist with pet care.
- If you have a passion to move in to care work, but are without experience; then please get in touch. We will provide you with full, specialist training and therefore previous care experience is not essential for this role.
- Combination of 0700 – 1900 shifts and 1900 – 0700 shifts (which includes a 7 hour sleepover)
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 5 February 2020
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email email@example.com quoting reference JHQ for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: