We have an opportunity for Support Workers/Carers to join a specialist care team working with a gentleman who has Spinal Cord Injury, who is living in his own home in Fleckney.
- You will provide medication administration and personal care, including bowel and bladder care.
- You will be supporting the gentleman in all aspects of everyday life including accompanying him to work and assisting in getting refreshments and taking notes.
- You will assist the gentleman in therapies and attending social activities, including driving duties as directed by him
- Preparation and cooking of basic foods, as well as domestic tasks.
- 17 Hour Day Shifts – 7.00am to Midnight.
- Shifts are allocated on a rota basis including some weekend and bank holiday working. You will be working within a self-sufficient team, and flexibility is essential
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension and Personal Development Opportunities
- The right candidate will be sociable, patient, able to take direction, reliable and trustworthy; with good communication skills
- You must hold a driving licence and be confident to drive the gentleman’s automatic vehicle.
- You must have basic knowledge of cooking and preparing simple foods
- A mutual interest in sport would be beneficial
- If you have a passion to move in to care work, but are without experience; then please get in touch. We will provide you with full, specialist training and therefore previous care experience is not essential for this role.
About Us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 26 February 2020
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MFLW for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: