We have an opportunity for a Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team. You will be supporting an active gentleman with a spinal cord injury, living in his family home in the Fareham area.
- Assist with all aspects of daily living, spinal injury care and personal care.
- Accompany this gentleman on family holidays abroad and trips in the UK.
- Accompany him on social activities, to work, college and attending therapy sessions.
- Carry out domestic tasks and food preparation.
- Assist with pet care.
- The right candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
- You will be comfortable with providing personal care; including bowel and bladder care.
- A full, clean, driving license is essential. You will be a confident driver, with a minimum of two year’s driving experience and be willing to drive this gentleman’s own vehicle.
- You must be willing to travel and stay away with the client occasionally to support holidays and work commitments. This includes travel abroad, so a valid passport is essential
- You will be comfortable around dogs and happy to support this gentleman to care for his dog.
- Previous experience of working in care would be advantageous but is not essential as full, specialist training is provided.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health
Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training at your full hourly rate, Cycle to Work Scheme
- 16 hour day shift with 8 hr sleepover (24 hour shift). 7 shifts a month.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.
- Covering maternity leave with a possibility of a permanent contract.
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 25 June 2021