We have an exciting opportunity for a further Support Worker to join an existing team working with a gentleman who has a spinal cord injury (C5 incomplete) and is living in his own home in the Colchester area.
About the role:
- All aspects of personal care and spinal injury care will be required.
- Support and assistance in social activities, attending therapies (e.g. physiotherapy) and holidays in the UK and abroad.
- Assist with domestic tasks and all food preparation.
- Assist with pet care.
- You must hold a full driving licence and be a confident driver.
- You will ideally be relaxed, friendly and approachable, with a good sense of humour.
- You must be tolerant of cigarette smoke (this gentleman is a smoker but only smokes outside).
- You will be comfortable around dogs as there are two dogs in the home of which there will be interaction with.
- Experience is not necessary as full training will be provided.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension and Personal Development Opportunities
- 08:00–24:00 plus sleepover00–08.00
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential to cover in times of sickness and annual leave.
- You will work approximately ten shifts per month, which are completed in blocks of 1 to 4 shifts at a time.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 24 June 2021