We have an opportunity for a Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team in Marston Moretaine. You will be supporting a young lady with a complex care condition, who is living in her family home.
- Assist with medical tasks including; PEG care, suprapubic catheter, sterile procedures and care of a central line, as well as support with giving injections
- Provide personal care and symptom management.
- Support in attending social activities, days out, hospital appointments and therapies
- Assist in helping the lady to achieve independence along with her lifestyle choices and goals; including a potential return to studying
- We are seeking individuals who are intuitive, perceptive, calm, compassionate and reliable; with a good sense of humour and a respectful attitude.
- You will ideally be motivated by nature, with the ability to help the lady achieve as much independence as possible; using your own initiative when required but recognising the need to take a step back when the situation arises.
- You must hold a manual driving licence, and be willing to drive the lady’s own adapted vehicle
- Previous care experience and experience of working within someone’s own home would be advantageous. However; if you have a passion to move in to care work, but are without experience; then please get in touch. We will provide you with full, specialist training in all areas mentioned above and more.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training
- 12 hour day shifts working 0800-2000
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 21 February 2020
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBEDH for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: