We have an opportunity for a Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team in Marston Moretaine. You will be supporting a young lady with a complex care condition, who is living in her family home.
- Assist with medical tasks including; PEG care, suprapubic catheter, sterile procedures and care of a central line, as well as support with giving injections
- Provide personal care and symptom management.
- Support in attending social activities, days out, hospital appointments and therapies
- Assist in helping the lady to achieve independence along with her lifestyle choices and goals; including a potential return to studying
- Assist with housework
- We are seeking individuals who are intuitive, perceptive, calm, compassionate and reliable; with a good sense of humour and a respectful attitude.
- You will ideally be motivated by nature, with the ability to help the lady achieve as much independence as possible; using your own initiative when required but recognising the need to take a step back when the situation arises.
- You must hold a manual driving licence, and be willing to drive the lady’s own vehicle
- Previous care experience and experience of working within someone’s own home would be advantageous. However; if you have a passion to move in to care work, but are without experience; then please get in touch. We will provide you with full, specialist training in all areas mentioned above and more.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training,
- 12 hour day shifts working 0800-2000
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 3 February 2021