We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team in the Potters Bar/Hatfield area. You will be working with a gentleman, living in his family home, who is physically disabled and wheelchair dependent due to a Spinal Cord Injury. He requires ventilation overnight.
- You will provide all personal care and spinal cord injury care
- Support in attending social outings including football matches, days out and meeting friends
- Occasional food preparation
- Domestic tasks
- The right candidates will be caring, motivated, flexible and reliable, with excellent verbal and written communication
- A mutual interest in films, gaming, music and football would be beneficial
- Previous care experience is not necessary, as you will receive full specialist training. If you are looking for a change in direction this could be the role for you!
- A driving licence is essential
- Please be aware that there is a pet cat in the home. You would only be required to assist with feeding occasionally, but you should be aware in case of allergies or concerns.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension, Personal Development Opportunities
- 24 hour shift (14.00-24.00, sleepover 24.00-8.00, 8.00-14.00)
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 1 February 2021