We have an opportunity for a Support Worker / Carer to join a specialist care team in the Narborough area. You will be supporting a young gentleman, living in his family home, who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and complex care needs.
- Handling respiratory equipment and assisting with respiratory needs including tracheostomy and ventilator care
- Provide full personal care, medication management and moving and handling
- Support in playing games and creative activities, attending therapies, and attending social activities such as day centres
- Light domestic tasks
- The right candidates will be bubbly, friendly, honest and trustworthy; with a motivational approach and willingness to join in with activities.
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- If you have a passion to move in to care work but are without experience; then please get in touch. We will provide you with full, specialist training and therefore previous care experience is advantageous but not essential for this role.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Payment to attend all Training from the outset, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities
- Working 37.5 hours per week which will be a combination of both waking night shifts 2200 -0700 and day shifts 0800-1800
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 1 February 2021