We are recruiting for Carers/ Personal Assistants to join a specialist team in supporting our client who has a muscle wasting condition (Spinal Muscular Atrophy–Type 2). This young woman is currently living in her family home in the Harlow area whilst on a work experience gap year from University.
- Providing all elements of daily living, from personal care to going out and about.
- This young woman requires 24 hour support and no two days are the same. She is an independent minded adult who has a passion for fashion and is currently studying fashion communication and business at university.
- Assistance with all elements of her day as she has a year of work placements ahead and strong interests of her own which she is developing.
- Support in social activities and accompanying this young woman on holidays.
- Responsibility for domestic tasks and food preparation under the instruction of the client.
- You must be friendly, flexible, reliable and a good communicator and a dedicated individual.
- You will have a respectful attitude; combined with being able to take direction whilst still recognising when to use your own initiative.
- A full clean driving licence is essential.
- Previous care experience would be advantageous, but not essential as full specialist training will be given.
Staff Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Personal Development Opportunities and Auto Enrol Pension
- There are two positions available:
Position 1: Working a combination of day shifts and waking nights
Position 2: Working waking night shifts only
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
- Please note it is a completely non-smoking environment
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 17 June 2021