We have an opportunity for you to join a specialist team of care workers/personal assistants in the Truro area. You will be assisting and enabling a gentleman with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (physical impairment only) to live as independently as possible.
- The role will include assistance with personal care, food preparation, domestic duties and all aspects of daily living.
- You will be assisting the gentleman on regular social outings including cinema, eating out, coffee shops and sporting events. You may occasionally be asked to accompany him on trips away in the UK.
- The right candidates will be enthusiastic, flexible, outgoing with a good sense of humour, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- A full, clean driving license is essential and you must be prepared to drive the gentleman’s wheelchair accessible automatic vehicle.
- Previous experience of working in care would be advantageous but is not essential. Full specialist training will be provided.
- Please be aware that this is a non-smoking environment.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Cycle to Work Scheme, Training and Development Opportunities, Paid DBS checks
- The vacancies are for either day shift and night shifts, or nights shifts only
- 12 hour Day Shifts (0800-2000) and 12 hour Waking Night Shifts (2000-0800).
- You will be working within a team providing care and support all year round on a rota basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Flexibility is required in being able to work both day shifts and waking night shifts.
- Part time hours are 24 hours per week.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 2 August 2021