We have an opportunity to join a specialist team of care workers/personal assistants in the Truro area. You will be assisting and enabling a young gentleman with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (physical impairment only) to live as independently as possible.
- The role will include assistance with personal care, food preparation, domestic duties and all aspects of daily living.
- You will be helping the gentleman to live his like to the full.
- You will be assisting the gentleman on regular social outings including cinema, eating out, coffee shops and sporting events. You may occasionally be asked to accompany him on trips away in the UK and abroad.
- The right candidates will be enthusiastic, flexible, outgoing with a good sense of humour, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- A full, clean driving license is essential and you must be prepared to drive the gentleman’s wheelchair accessible automatic vehicle.
- Previous experience of working in care would be advantageous but is not essential. Full specialist training will be provided.
- Please be aware that this is a non-smoking environment.
- 12 hour Day Shifts (0900-2100) and 12 hour Waking Night Shifts (2100-0900).
- You will be working within a team providing care and support all year round on a rota basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Flexibility is required in being able to work both day shifts and waking night shifts.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29 May 2020