Providing bespoke care nationwide for clients with spinal injuries and neurological conditions
We are currently recruiting for Support Workers/Carers to support a lady who has a high level spinal cord injury and resulting in the need for a tracheostomy (Ventilator Dependent). This lady also has diabetes and is able to communicate her desired lifestyle. She is living in her own home in the Queniborough area.
About the role:
• You will support this lady in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care, bowel and bladder care, respiratory care and medication administration.
• Support the lady in seeing her animals (horses, dogs and pigs) on a daily basis (including during the winter months) which is a focus within her family life.
• Provide support in social activities and interests, as well as holidays and trips away from home.
• Assist with domestic duties including daily food preparation
• Day Shifts: 0700 – 1900
• Waking Night Shifts: 1900 – 0700
• Working within a team who will provide 24 hour care. Flexibility will be required, and this will include every other weekend and bank holiday working on a rota basis.
• Part-time hours are for a minimum of 24 hours per week.
• We are seeking individuals with excellent communication skills, good timekeeper, along with a respectful, honest and trustworthy nature. You will be flexible in cover and support within the team; as well as reliable, motivated and committed in your duties.
• You must have an interest in animals, ideally horses and dogs, and enjoy outdoor life as you will assist with animal care in all seasons and all weather.
• Previous care experience is not essential as full, specialist training will be provided
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension Scheme, Personal Development Opportunities
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 8 April 2020