We are currently recruiting for Support Workers/Carers to support a lady who has a high level spinal cord injury and resulting respiratory issues. She is living in her own home in the Queniborough area.
About the role:
- You will support this lady in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care, bowel and bladder care, respiratory care and medication administration.
- Support the lady in seeing her animals (horses, dogs and pigs) on a daily basis (including during the winter months) which is a focus within her family life.
- Provide support in social activities and interests, as well as holidays and trips away from home.
- Assist with domestic duties including daily food preparation
- Day shifts – You must be available to work day shifts while completing shadow shifts and Skills Assessment (£9.50 per hour)
- WAKING NIGHTS Full time (3 x 12 hour waking night shift) Part time 2 x 12 hour waking nights) You must be prepared to work every other weekend
- Working within a team who will provide 24 hour care. Flexibility will be required, and this will include some weekend and bank holiday working on a rota basis.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension Scheme, Personal Development Opportunities
- We are seeking individuals with excellent communication skills, good timekeeper, along with a respectful, honest and trustworthy nature. You will be flexible in cover and support within the team; as well as reliable, motivated and committed in your duties.
- You must have an interest in animals, ideally horses and dogs, and enjoy outdoor life as you will assist with animal care in all seasons and all weather.
- Previous care experience is not essential as full, specialist training will be provided
Closing Date for applications: Monday 2 March 2020
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email email@example.com quoting reference GQUEY for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: