We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Workers to join an existing specialist care team to assist a gentleman with a spinal cord injury resulting in tetraplegia. This gentleman lives in his own home in Leicester.
- You will provide all aspects of personal care; this will include bowel and bladder care.
- You will support this gentleman in his daily life and assist in social activities, outings and appointments.
- Meal preparation and general household duties.
- Assisting with Pet Care (Dog); feeding and walking.
- You will be caring, trustworthy, reliable and flexible.
- A team player is essential as is a good sense of humour.
- Cooking skills and computer skills will be advantageous.
- You will be an animal lover as pet care is required.
- You will be working in the gentleman’s own home and would need to be mindful and respectful of privacy.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shifts 0800-2000
- Waking Night Shifts 2000-0800
- You will be flexible to cover both day and waking night shifts.
- Part-time hours are for 24 per week.
- You will be working within a team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 12 March 2021