We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to form a new, specialist care team in a village location to the North of Brixworth on the Northants/Leicestershire border. The gentleman is living in his own family home.
- You will be supporting a gentleman with a traumatic brain injury requiring 24-hour support. The role will involve assisting with rehabilitation, following a programme set by professionals, along with personal care, medication administration, continence support, and maintaining his safety.
- Support in attending social outings and therapies
- Food preparation and domestic tasks
- The right candidates will be calm and confident, with a happy disposition and a good sense of humour. This should be combined with the ability to work well as a team player, but also the ability to work alone and use initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to follow instructions and work in accordance with the set therapy care plan
- Previous care experience would be desirable. However; you will receive ongoing specialist training in all areas and this is not essential.
- A driving licence would be preferable due to the rural location of the gentleman’s family home
- Please be aware that there are pet cats in the home. You will not be required to provide assistance or care to them but you should be aware in case of allergies or concerns.
- 13 hour day shifts 0800-2100 and 13 hour waking night shifts 2000-0900
- Part time is a minimum 0f 26 hours
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential and you must be able to work a combination of days and waking nights.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension, Personal Development Opportunities
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 4 February 2020
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBRM for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: