We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a new specialist care team.
You will be supporting a lady with a Spinal Cord Injury who is wheel chair dependent. This lady requires all her personal care needs to be met by her team. She is able to communicate verbally and makes all her own choices. This lady lives with her husband in their own home in the Corby (Northants) area.
- Providing assistance with all personal care and all aspects of daily living.
- Driving and accompanying this lady to therapy sessions, hospital appointments and social outings.
- Assist with shopping (weekly on-line ordering), food preparation, cooking and domestic tasks and the ordering and administering of medication.
- You must be flexible, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- A kind and caring individual who can work to support this lady in her own home.
- You will have patience, good time keeping, respect and thoughtfulness for this lady and her family and the team members.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal are essential as is a good sense of humour.
- A driving licence is essential (this lady has an automatic vehicle) and you will be confident to drive a wheel chair accessible vehicle.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shift: 12.00– 24.00 (12 hours) + Sleepover 2400-0800 (8 hours) + 0800-1200 (4 hours) – total of 24 hour shift.
- Part-time hours are 24 hours per week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 26 April 2021