We are currently recruiting for Support Workers/Carers to support a lady who has a high level spinal cord injury resulting in respiratory issues. She has a tracheostomy in situ and is ventilator dependent. She also has diabetes and is wheelchair dependant. This lady is able to communicate her desired lifestyle and lives with her husband in her own home in the Queniborough area.
About the role:
- You will support this lady in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care, bowel and bladder care, respiratory care, therapies and medication administration.
- Provide support in social activities and interests, as well as holidays and trips away from home. Accompany on hospital appointments and stays.
- Support this lady in seeing her animals (horses, dogs and chickens) on a daily basis.
- Assist with domestic duties including daily food preparation and cooking.
- We are seeking individuals with excellent communication skills, good timekeeping, along with a respectful, honest and trustworthy nature.
- You will be flexible to cover and support each other within this large team.
- You will be reliable, motivated and committed in your duties.
- A good sense of humour is important to this lady.
- You must have an interest in animals, ideally horses and dogs.
- You must like the outdoor life as a lot of time is spent at the yard caring for her horses. This happens in snow, wind, rain or shine!
- Previous care experience is not essential as full, specialist training will be provided.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension Scheme, and Personal Development Opportunities
Shift Pattern: Positions available
- Full Time hours will be a mix of– Day Shifts 0700 – 1900 & Waking Night Shifts 1900 – 0700
- Part-time hours are for Waking Nights 24 hours per week – 2 x 12 hour shifts per week
- Part -time hours are for Day shifts 24 hrs per week
- Working within a team who will provide 24 hour care. Flexibility will be required, and this will include some weekend and bank holiday working on a rota basis.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 25 June 2021