We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to form a new specialist care team. You will be supporting a gentleman with a Spinal Cord Injury, living in his family home in Maulden, Bedfordshire.
- You will support this gentleman in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care (bowel & bladder), moving & handling, hoisting & turning.
- Assisting with passive exercises under instruction from the physiotherapist.
- Support in attending social activities and interests which include; motor racing, riverside walks and nature reserves.
- To provide light domestic duties.
- The right candidates will be trustworthy, flexible and reliable with excellent timekeeping and the ability to fit into general family life.
- You must have a good command of the English language with good communication skills.
- Previous care experience is not essential, as full specialist training is provided throughout your employment.
- A full manual driving licence would be preferred but is not essential.
- You must be tolerant of dogs and other animals. There is a dog in the home with visiting dogs also.
- Please Note: The home and gardens are a strictly non-smoking environment
- Working a combination of shifts; 08.00 – 22.00 waking day shift and 20.00 – 1300 (sleepover between 2200 and 0800)
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.
- Part-time hours are a minimum of 24 hours per week.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension, Personal Development Opportunities
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 13 December 2019
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GMAUM for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: