We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to form a new specialist care team near Hinckley; for a young adult living with his Mother in their family home.
- You will be supporting a young adult with complex physical disabilities.
- The role will involve assisting with a wide range of healthcare tasks including personal care, medication administration, continence support, and maintaining his safety.
- Support in attending social outings and therapies.
- The right candidates will be calm and confident, with a happy disposition and a good sense of humour. This should be combined with the ability to work well as a team player, but also the ability to work alone and use initiative to encourage the client’s full involvement in as many activities as possible.
- Willingness to accompany the client on holidays and social activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to follow instructions and work in accordance with the set care plan and therapy sessions.
- Previous care experience would be desirable. However; you will receive ongoing specialist training in all areas
- A Manual driving licence is preferred but not essential.
- Day shifts 08:00 – 20:00: Waking nights 20:00 – 09:00; Double up shifts 17:00 – 20:00
- Sleepover shifts required occasionally for respite only
- Part time team members must be able to commit to a minimum of 1 x 12 hour shift per week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential and you must be able to work a combination of days and waking nights.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension and Personal Development Opportunities
About us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 22 November 2019
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email email@example.com quoting reference JHINP for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: