We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join an existing specialist care team to assist a young gentleman with a spinal cord injury. This gentleman is living in his own home in the Paddock Wood area.
- You will provide all aspects of personal care; this will include bowel and bladder management and hoisting.
- You will support this young gentleman in his daily life and assist in social activities/outings/therapy sessions and accompany on holidays. .
- Meal preparation and general household duties.
- You will be trustworthy, reliable, respectful and flexible.
- You will have an excellent command of the English Language (both written and verbal).
- Experience in care would be advantageous but not essential as full specialist training will be given.
- You will be friendly and have the ability to get on well with various people.
- A full driving licence is essential and the willingness to drive this gentleman’s automatic vehicle.
- You will be working in the gentleman’s own home and would need to be mindful and respectful of privacy.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day shifts 0800-2000
- Waking Night Shifts 2000-0800
- Part-time hours are for a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- You will be working within a team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
*** Please note – this gentleman is a smoker and therefore you must be tolerant of cigarette smoke.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 24 June 2021