We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a new specialist care team to assist a gentleman with a spinal cord injury resulting in tetraplegia, and an acquired brain injury.
This gentleman will be living in his own home in the Luton area.
- You will provide all aspects of personal care; this will include bowel and bladder care, skin management and hoisting. Care and maintenance of equipment used is also required.
- Providing assistance with all therapies including; standing, FES bike and passive exercises.
- You will support this gentleman in his daily life and assist in social activities/outings and accompany of holidays. .
- Meal preparation and general household duties.
- You will be trustworthy, reliable, respectful and flexible. You will also be a team player.
- You will have a good command of the English Language (both written and verbal).
- Experience in Spinal Cord Injury would be advantageous but not essential as full specialist training will be given.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- You will be working in the gentleman’s own home and would need to be mindful and respectful of privacy.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day shifts 0800-2200
- Waking Night Shifts 2200-0800
- Sleepover 2200-0800
- Part-time hours are for a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- You will be working within a team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 18 March 2021