We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to form a new specialist care team.
You will be supporting a young woman with a Spinal Cord Injury necessitating a high level of care over a 24hr period; living in her own home in the Leighton Buzzard area.
- You will support this lady in all aspects of daily living, which will include all aspects of personal care & ventilator and tracheostomy care.
- Support in attending social activities and interests which include; cinema, shopping and visiting friends.
- To provide light domestic duties and food preparation.
- You must be flexible, reliable, trustworthy and a good communicator.
- You will be able to make decisions and work to an agreed care plan.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- You must be tolerant of dogs as this lady is planning on owning a dog.
- An interest in watching horror films, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Hollyoaks and Riverdale would be valuable.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension, Personal Development Opportunities
- 08.00 – 08.00 14 hour waking day with 10 hour sleepover (24 hour shift)
- 20.00 – 08.00 waking night shift (2 hours days + 10 hour night)
- 08.00 – 20.00 waking day double-up shift (12 hour shift)
- Part-time hours are a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 19 May 2021