We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a new specialist care team. You will be supporting a young gentleman who has a Spinal Cord Injury and an Acquired Brain Injury. He will be living in his own home in the Cambridge area.
- Providing assistance with personal care tasks; including bowel and bladder management.
- Medication administration.
- Facilitation to plan his day.
- Assist with domestic tasks, food preparation and shopping.
- Support with attending all therapies and social outings.
- Accompany this young gentleman in the community, such as attending the gym.
- Assist this young gentleman in maximising his independence.
- You must be flexible, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- A good sense of humour and fun-loving outlook on life.
- A driving licence is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience within the care sector would be preferred, but not essential as full specialist training will be given.
- You must be tolerant of cats. At present this gentleman does not have a cat but may consider this in the near future
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- 08.00–24.00 day hours + sleepover 24.00–08.00
- Part-time hours are 24 hours per week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 26 January 2021