We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Workers to join a new specialist care team to support a gentleman with a high-level Spinal Cord Injury. This gentleman lives with his wife in their large family home in Barnham near Bognor Regis.
- You will provide all aspects of personal care; oral hygiene, stoma care, moving & handling and medication administration.
- You will assist in the monitoring of symptoms such as spasms and pain.
- You will be required to monitor client’s BP, O2 saturation and other vital signs as needed.( Training will be provided)
- You will support in the attendance of all therapies, FES machine, passive exercises and massage.
- You will support this gentleman in his daily life and assist in social activities/outings and accompany on holidays. You will provide support for this gentleman to use his computer.
- You will also be assisting with the client work duties by scheduling appointments or helping with organisation of meetings etc.
- Meal preparation and general household duties.
- Dog walking will be a part the role and therefore you will need to be comfortable around dogs.
- Please Note – this is a completely non-smoking environment.
- The right candidate will be trustworthy, respectful, honest and flexible. You will be patient and empathetic, outgoing and with a good sense of humour.
- You will have previous care experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
- A clean full driving licence will be preferred.
- You will be working in this gentleman’s own home and would need to be mindful and respectful of privacy.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Day Shifts 0800-2000
- Waking Night Shifts 2000-0800
- Part Time hours would be for 2 x 12 hour shifts a week.
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and the ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 3 February 2021