We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a lady with a Spinal Cord Injury who is living in her own home in the Bodmin area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with ventilator and tracheostomy care.
- Providing support and assistance in social outings, appointments, business functions and online craft business.
- You will be required to assist with food preparation and domestic tasks
- You will also be required to provide pet care to the lady’s dogs and cat
- The lady plans to take occasional trips away for 3-5 days, and the role would involve accompanying her on these trips as part of a team on a rota basis.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, outgoing and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour and a proactive nature.
- A full, manual driving licence is required and you must be confident to drive the lady’s own vehicle
- A mutual interest in crafts and a creative personality would be desirable, with the willingness to assist with an online craft business and attendance at business functions
- Good timekeeping is essential
- Previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as you will be provided with specialist training in all areas
- Combination of day shift 0800-2200, day shift with sleepover (24 hours) and waking night shift 2000-0800. There are two people on shift at all times.
- Part time team members must be able to work 24 hours per week
- In times of annual leave and sickness the team must be willing to cover other shift patterns, and therefore flexibility is essential
- You will be joining a team who are providing 24/7 support on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Cycle To Work Scheme, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training
Closing Date for applications: Friday 27 September 2019
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SBOMY for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: