An opportunity has arisen for Support Workers to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a young gentleman who has an acquired brain injury and is living in his family home in the Blaby area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with medication administration, food preparation, basic cooking and domestic tasks
- You will also support the gentleman in attending therapies and hospital appointments, as well as hospital stays as required
- Being a buddy/companion forms part of the role. You will assist the gentleman in attending the gym, social groups, social activities and daily outdoor activities
- You may also be required to accompany him on short breaks/holidays
- Working a combination of day shifts of 0700-1900 and waking night shifts of 1900-0700.
- Shifts are allocated on a rota basis, and will include some weekend and bank holiday working.
- Part time team members must be able to commit to working 24 hours per week (2 shifts)
- We are looking for flexible, reliable and patient people who can work well as a team as well as individually, along with having excellent communication skills.
- The gentleman takes part in daily outdoor activities, so candidates must enjoy being outdoors and would be expected to assist with researching new activities and making suggestions
- You must hold a full manual driving licence, and be a confident driver who is willing to drive the gentleman’s own vehicle.
- You must be tolerant of dogs, as there are pets within the home.
Employee Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training at standard hourly rate, Personal Development Opportunities
About Us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 2 October 2019
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email email@example.com quoting reference CBLG for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: